Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Year, A New Life but really, just back to ME!

I'm sitting here after a long day of errands, my bi-annual doctor appointment, education for work and my first tennis practice with a women's tennis team. I'm exhausted. My house is a disaster, I don't have a husband or children and I can't even keep it clean. How do my mommy and wifey friends do it? You girls are amazing. Seriously.

I had a good day though. Actually, it's been a good but weird month. I've been sad but incredibly happy at the same time. Maybe the Seattle winter plays a bigger part on my mood than I realize. Sad for me=no change in personality, just more sleep! I don't know how to describe it...I guess I'm mourning loss and looking forward to living life to the fullest. I'm remembering the passions I used to have in life and tackling them with a vengence. :) I've been skiing, singing harmonies with my buds Josh, Jon and Bryant on the way to ski slopes, hanging with great girl friends Sara, Bre and Amanda (who, by the way are adventurous, successful, driven, independent, travelers, lovers of life, their families and their men), getting back into cooking and baking, walking around Green Lake, making travel plans and finding ways to surf again in the spring. West coast Washington, here I come, in my wet suit!!! Brrrr! I'm finally settling down into daily life here in Seattle, but I guess the word "settle" isn't really the right way to describe it. I'm getting busy! I just joined a women's tennis team and had my first practice with them tonight. It was fun. I think I will learn consistency from a bunch of "seasoned" players. :) I can't wait to play in some tournaments this spring and summer.

I'm living my daily life at work, with friends, out on dates, even at the grocery store with a sense of renewed passion, but also more hesitancy and maturity. I haven't been quick to jump into a relationship again. I have been learning that only I am responsible for my joy, for my fun, for my life. I am trying now to have a good balance of relying on myself for these things but not becoming so independent that I don't remember to rely on my closest family and friends for some things so that they are still a part of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Em!! I love how raw you are about life. I do hope you post that salad recipe with the port dressing because I do really want it!

    I was just telling Jesse the other day that I would love to come and visit you. Maybe Cora and I will pop over one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em...you are such an amazing woman!!! Thank you for your honesty about your life and for sharing so openly!

    ReplyDelete