Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 2nd

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday even though it was our "free" day. We managed to jam it full of other activities besides surfing. We did have a surf sesh yesterday morning where we got more one on one teaching and observation. I ended up switching my pop-up from left to right sided. I was getting up left "goofy" footed because that's the way I wake-board, but found that getting up the regular way was actually a faster pop-up for me in the end. I guess I'm ambidextrous...and it made me feel even more confused yesterday. This morning's surf session was great though. I'm popping up faster and able to turn the board a bit too.

After our morning surf sesh, I did some jewelry shopping with Melody and Carmel (but didn't buy anything) and then we loaded up in a van again and headed for Miss Sky's zip line adventure.







It was a short drive, then we got all geared up in our safety harnesses and then loaded into a flat bed truck and drove another 25 min further up into the mountains. It was beautiful.




We saw a ton of monos (monkeys) that howled at us like lions (thus the name "howler monkeys"). They're these cute little tiny black monkeys with curly tails and white butt's that make these humongous growling sounds, kinda like lions.



Zip lining was sooo much fun. The guides were these overzealous Tico's that must love their job, chauffeuring beautiful women and tourists around and showing them their country.





We zip lined for about 2 hours I think, then loaded back onto the flat bed and drove back to Miss Sky's head quarters. We saw a huge Iguana sitting in one of the trees on our way home.

The view from the truck bed on the drive down the mountain...

I showered quickly, then met Melody and Carmel at our hotel bar for a quick drink (banana daiquiri...mucho delicioso), then ran over to The Tucan for drinks with the Norwegians, Sara and Sissel. We sat for a while and then all walked over to Marlin Bills for dinner with every one else. Dinner was pretty good and we, like usual, mingled and laughed about the days activities and we talked politics to end the dinner.


After that, Jenny, Joellen, Sara, Lynn, Carmel and I walked back to Harbor Reef to catch some live music. It was a trio of local American men who covered Sublime and 311 like crazy. It was pretty fun. We added "energy" to the small group of people that had gathered. Then it was off to bed. Needless to say, I slept like a rock...until a group of mono's came pouncing over my roof top around 3:30a.m. It was a rude but exciting awakening...

No comments:

Post a Comment